Thursday, July 10, 2008

Canning season is in full swing!

I have been busy picking and canning LOTS of tomatoes. Today I canned 28 quarts of tomatoes and 11 pints of salsa. I still have lots of extra tomatoes. Too bad I can't sell them at $3.00 a lb. like in the stores.

Help! I need more canning jars. Does anyone have any extras? I've been trying to can tomatoes for Linna, Jackie and Crystal.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

That's nice of you to can for us! I can't wait to start a garden!

Grandma Tomlinson said...

Guess what? Someone brought me 8 dozen quarts for canning. I don't need any more canning jars. I'd like to do some peaches and some jam and juice but with fruit prices the way they are I won't be doing any juice unless I can get some free. I will be bring things so Jackie and I can make salsa and freeze pumpkin. The pies are delicious. We'll all help with the cooking when we come. I'll stay at moms but will be there to visit really often. I am as excited to see your family as Linna's family.

We are looking into buying a fridge. Mine is totally falling apart. I think I got my moneys worth out of it. Gaye